Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's much easier being Green. (Warmachine)

 Repainting Retribution of Scyrah



After an ill-fated attempt at a blue-grey color along the lines of a darker "Space Wolves" style scheme with some lava accents for my Scyrah army, I have decided to instead turn to my strengths and jump back over to the Green section of my paintbox.

Blue Scheme... yawn


Behold, my poorly organized paintbox...


We join the action in progress with several models in various stages of WIP-itude.




50 points of Scyrah.
Back, L-R :
Manticore, Banshee, Manticore.  

Middle, L-R: 
2x mage hunter assassins, Gorgon, Artificer.  

Front L-R:
Ghost Sniper, Dawn Lord Vyros. 

Right hand side,
Dawnguard Invictors.





Green Gorgon, 90% complete
Manticore, forearms are done.
 I quite like the combination of green and orange. I have no deep and elegant explanation of color theory to back this up with other than, to my mind at least, the two both use shades of yellow to highlight which helps to tie the two very different colors together on common ground. I'm also utilizing fairly heavy blacklining to separate the all the plates and panels. The technique itself isn't always the best option but I feel that the Retributions models wear it quite well.








The Retribution have access to a number of Stealth units which I feel the need to differentiate visually, if for no other reason than it reminds me they have access to additional gameplay shenanigans. The predominantly Purple scheme for these units stands apart from the Green of the main army nicely and fits thematically with their stealth abilities.

Front of Finished Assassin
Back of Finished Assassin.

  
I'm currently undecided on whether I will attempt to keep the Myrmidons hulls clean or if I will add battle damage and weathering. For the time being I"m going to simply try and finish the basic paint scheme and then worry about additional detail...

Manticore
Gorgon





No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget